GWR 1399 Milk Brake
|GWRGreat Western Railway 1399 Milk Brake|
GWRGreat Western Railway Milk Brake 1399
|Built By||GWRGreat Western Railway Swindon|
|Other numbers||39035, 47883, 079062|
|Designed By||ChurchwardGeorge Jackson Churchward, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1902-1922|
|1985||Major body overhaul|
GWRGreat Western Railway ChurchwardGeorge Jackson Churchward, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1902-1922 Milk Brake (BY) No 1399 was built during the First World War as Pharmacy Car 39035, and was fitted with its present body in 1921 for use as a milk train brake van for carrying milk churns. It was later used for general parcels traffic before being transferred into departmental use as number 079062 at Worcester in 1958.
It was brought to the SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society from Worcester on 18 September 1967. It was first used for works trains before being restored at Bewdley. After serving as the The Great Western (SVR) Association Shop for many years it swapped roles with 1145 to become Bewdley Station Fund Shop in 2016. 1399 is sited in Bewdley Cattle Dock.
See alsoList of carriages
List of shops
Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey
- Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey