| LMS 45048 Inspection Saloon
LMS Inspection Saloon 45048 (Gareth Price)
|| LMS Wolverton
|| Stored awaiting overhaul
||Arrived on SVR
is a District Engineer's Inspection Saloon.
45048 was one of three inspection saloons built at Wolverton in 1940 as lot 1264 to Diagram 2046. It was later numbered M45048M by BR and saw service until February 1981.
It was purchased for preservation in 1981, initially at Steamport (Southport) before moving to the Gloucester Warwickshire Steam Railway in 1983. Following a lengthy restoration it carried HRH The Princess Royal to open the GWSR’s Cheltenham Racecourse Station. It was withdrawn from service suffering from water ingress via a leaky roof, and offered for sale in 2012.
It was acquired by David Postle and moved to the SVR
by August 2013.
As of January 2018 it was stored at Bewdley
awaiting restoration at the owner’s expense.