BR 34606 Brake Corridor Second
|BR 34606 Brake Corridor Second|
BR 34606 (Photo: Gareth Price)
|Other numbers||E34606, ADB975481|
|TOPS code||AB21 (as built)|
|Seats||None (24 standard as built)|
|2012||Arrived on SVR|
34606 in service and preservation
34606 was built at Gloucester in 1955 to Diagram 181 (AB201), Lot 30141. It entered service in the Eastern region in May 1955. In April 1977 it was transferred into Departmental use as a BTU Tool & Generator van and given the Departmental number ADB 975481. It left service circa March 2010.
34606 arrived on the SVR in 2012 from the Great Central Railway, having been purchased by SVR(H). It is converted with roller shutter doors and is used in conjunction with the Santa services, for which it is normally located in the bay platform opposite Kidderminster Railway Museum as seen in the photograph. At other times it is normally stored in or around the carriage shed. It carries the later Departmental number but without the 'A' prefix which denoted use by the Mechanical & Electrical Engineers department.
- Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey
- ↑ Longworth (2013) pp.60, 161.