From SVR Wiki
On May 18 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1951 Ben Brookshank photographed CollettCharles Benjamin Collett, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1922-1941 '4575 Class' 2-6-2T No. 4578 on a Shrewsbury to Worcester train entering Hampton Loade station.
- 1972 An inaugral meeting to discuss the proposed purchase of BR Riddles 4MT 75069 was held in Birmingham.
- 1973 An EGM of the Guarantee Company, attended by around 300 members, overwhelmingly voted in favour of raising money to build Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge.
- 1974 The re-opening to Bewdley was completed with the section from Highley opened, although the passing loop at Arley had still to be rebuilt. Railcar 22 formed the first service from Bridgnorth.
- 1974 An engine took water from the ex-GWR water column at Bewdley for the first time.
- 1974 The first AGM of the Great Western (SVR) Association took place.
- 1983 The line reopened following a closure caused by an embankment collapse south of Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge on April 30th.
- 1978 70000 Britannia was steamed for the first time in 12 years.
- 1994 An inquest was held into the fatal accident at Waterworks Crossing in January. A verdict of accidental death was recorded, with no blame attached to the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1996 GWR Mogul 7325 commenced two weekends of London Underground 'Steam on the Met' services
- 1997 The SVRSevern Valley Railway's second ever 'Heavy Horse' event took place, including horse drawn shunting demonstrations at Highley.
- 2004 Bridgnorth Station Footbridge re-opened after being dismantled for painting.
- 2020 Phase 2 of Falling Sands Viaduct works commenced, to replace damaged bricks and repoint the mortar on the outside walls and arches.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 28
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 32
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 68
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 111
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 124