From SVR Wiki
On May 19 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1854 SVRSevern Valley Railway Chairman Jonathan Thorp resigned and Morton Peto was elected Chairman in his place.
- 1892 A special train travelled the Severn Valley Branch overnight, collecting workmen to participate in the weekend conversion of 177 miles of main line from broad gauge to narrow gauge.
- 1973 Hampton Loade signal box was commissioned and signalling in the station area brought into use. Token working to Bridgnorth began a fortnight later.
- 1974 46443 re-entered service following a year out for axle box repairs.
- 1980 A diesel-hauled convoy of SVRSevern Valley Railway locomotives and rolling stock left for the Rocket 150 celebrations at Rainhill, including 43106 still in black undercoat following an overhaul.
- 1984 Railway artist and locomotive owner David Shepherd was guest of honour at a celebration of 10 years service between Bridgnorth and Bewdley.
- 1984 A two day visit to Aberystwyth yielded 14 GWRGreat Western Railway lamp posts and two running in boards.
- 1995 GWR 7802 Bradley Manor and GWR Mogul 7325 took to the main line for a Gloucester-Worcester-Kidderminster test run. 7325 developed a warm tender bearing by Worcester, so 7802 took the train back to Stourbridge, before returning light engine to the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2011 Sharp Stewart 0-4-4T Dunrobin was brought to Bridgnorth Loco Works for a feasibility assessment, following which an overhaul commenced.
- 2019 Colin Gifford launched his new book 'Transition', compiled and published in conjunction with Kidderminster Railway Museum.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- ↑ Marshall (1989) pp. 31-32
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 107
- ↑ Hampton Loade signal box on the SVR Signalling web site
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 28
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 34
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 58
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 72
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 74
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 115