Bridgnorth Station Footbridge
This footbridge (Bridge 37) connects Bridgnorth Station's Platforms 1 and 2. Although both platforms were present at opening on 1 February 1862, the footbridge was added later, its construction being authorised by the GWRGreat Western Railway on 12 May 1887.
The footbridge last underwent a major refurbishment in 2004, when it was taken down and moved to the boiler shop for shot-blasting and powder coating, supported by funds from the SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society's arrangement with the West Bromwich Building Society. A plaque on Platform 2 celebrates the re-opening on 18 May 2004.
In February 2017 the station master appealed for volunteers to repaint the bridge.
See alsoTowards Kidderminster
List of infrastructure
West Bromwich Building Society
- Marshall (1989) p. 104.