Ruston and Hornsby 165hp Diesel Shunter 414301

From SVR Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ruston and Hornsby 165hp Diesel Shunter 414301
Built By Ruston & Hornsby
Configuration 0-6-0
Power type Diesel Mechanical
Status Scrapped
Other Numbers Works No 414301/1957
History
Built 1957
Designed By Ruston & Hornsby
Type DM165 (flameproofed)
1981 Arrived on SVRSevern Valley Railway
Technical
Length 22ft 1in
Weight 28t

Diesel Locomotives

414301 was the sixth Ruston and Hornsby 165 h.p. diesel shunter to arrive on the SVRSevern Valley Railway. It was acquired as a source of spare parts. 

414301 in service

The locomotive was built by Ruston and Hornsby of Lincoln as Works No 414301 of 1957. It was delivered on 8 July 1957 to the Royal Naval Armament Depot at Wrabness, Essex. It was later transferred to the RN Propellant Factory at Caerwent, Monmouthshire around 1964 and numbered RNPF No. 3D. It was sold to Tilsley and Lovatt Ltd, Trentham in 1972 and finally resold to South Staffs Wagon Co. Ltd at Princes End, Tipton in 1973. By early 1981 it had been out of use for some time[1].

11509 in preservation

The SVRSevern Valley Railway had acquired its first R&H 165 H.P. shunter Red Ruston 319290 in 1972 and a further four from Patent Shaft during 1980. 414301 was acquired as a source of spare parts, arriving on the SVRSevern Valley Railway on 14 February 1981.

See also

References

  1. SVRSevern Valley Railway News 59