BR 4399 Tourist Standard Open
BR Mark 1 Tourist Standard Open (TSO) 4399 was built at Swindon in 1957 to diagram number 93 of lot number 30219. The ‘Open Second’ seats 64 passengers at tables, with three cross-vestibules to enable speedier loading and unloading of passengers.
4399 arrived on the SVR in May 1983 from Heaton, being at that time privately owned by D Randall and P Fitzwater. It is now owned by the SVR Charitable Trust, and is currently (July 2015) stored at Bridgnorth awaiting restoration.
Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey
SVR Stock Book Ninth Edition