Current events on the Severn Valley Railway
This page provides a brief summary of current and forthcoming events on the SVRSevern Valley Railway, and links to where further information can be found. Historical information will be moved to the latest history timeline page as necessary.
Links to sources of information
(Links will open in a new window)
The SVR Main Web Site is primarily aimed at the travelling public. It includes all the latest news relevant to that sector, including details of forthcoming events, timetables, locomotive rosters, ticket sales and so on.
The SVR YouTube channel hosts live webcams and a regular production of wide range of videos from across the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
SVR Live is also an official SVRSevern Valley Railway web site, for members, shareholders and enthusiasts. Information which is publicly accessible for enthusiasts includes Traffic Notices, Working Timetables and so on. Certain pages from time to time are secured for password-protected use by Working Members for internal communication on AGMs and the like. Until 2018 it also carried news announcements concerning matters like locomotive overhauls and infrastructure upgrades, plus regular updates from various sources, including social media and SVRSevern Valley Railway-related websites.
'Express Points' is the Working Members’ monthly newsletter which moved to an online only delivery in January 2017. It is distributed by email to those who have registered, and it also publicly accessible on SVRSevern Valley Railway Live, which includes an archive of past editions.
'Branch Lines' is a monthly newsletter for SVRSevern Valley Railway Members, Shareholders and supporters. It is published on SVRSevern Valley Railway Live, which includes an archive since April 2017.
‘SVRSevern Valley Railway Online’ and 'Microsoft Teams' and its associated 'SVRSevern Valley Railway TODAY' channel are secure password-protected intranet sites used by the SVRSevern Valley Railway for internal communication with staff and Working Members.
The SVRSevern Valley Railway has active official Social Media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram.
- 1 and 2 April Open House Weekend
- 14 to 16 April Spring Steam Gala. Guests:
- 4079 Pendennis Castle: GWRGreat Western Railway CollettCharles Benjamin Collett, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1922-1941 4073 Castle class 4-6-0
- 4555: GWRGreat Western Railway ChurchwardGeorge Jackson Churchward, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1902-1922 4500 class 'Small PrairieLocomotive with a 2-6-2 wheel configuration'
- 6 and 7 May Spring Model Railway Weekend
- 18 to 21 May Spring Diesel Gala. Guests:
- 47712: Brush Class 47 Co-Co
- 58023: BRBritish Rail or British Railways Class 58 Co-Co
- Colas Class 56: identity TBC
- 24 and 25 June and 1 and 2 July 1940s weekends
- 12 and 13 August Vintage Transport Extravaganza
- 15 to 17 September Autumn Steam Gala
- 28 September to 1 October Autumn Diesel Bash
- 7 October O Gauge Get Together
- From 25 November Christmas services