From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1963 The Warwickshire Railway Society organised a Birmingham, Crewe and Shrewsbury railtour with ex-SRSouthern Railway 34094 'Mortehoe' for visits to Derby MPDMotive Power Depot, Barrow Hill MPDMotive Power Depot and Doncaster works.
- 1970 The Stanier 8F Locomotive Society was incorporated.
- 1976 Filming of The Seven-Per-Cent Solution began, continuing for the next six weeks.
- 1978 D1062 Western Courier and D1013 Western Ranger arrived from the Paignton & Dartmouth Railway, following tyre turning at Cardiff Canton.
- 1990 D5410 (27205) and D1013 Western Ranger were at Cambridge for the West Anglia Gala day.
- 1991 GWR 7819 Hinton Manor ran a Shrewsbury-Machynlleth charter.
- 2016 The Southern Locomotives Limited shareholders' 'Drive & Fire' day was held at the SVRSevern Valley Railway with 34053 Sir Keith Park and 34027 Taw Valley.
Photos taken on 29 September:
2012: 1501 approaching Highley
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history