From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1967 The SVRSevern Valley Railway Society began a 2-day 'Steam Gala' at Bridgnorth with GWR 3205 and LMS 46443 giving alternate 'members' rides to Hampton Loade.
- 1967 The Warwickshire Railway Society operated South Wales Railtour No.1 around Newport and Cardiff by DMUDiesel Multiple Unit.
- 1995 7802 Bradley Manor and 70000 Britannia took the Duchy Explorer from Bristol-Penzance.
- 2000 SR 34027 Taw Valley in "Hogwarts Express" guise took the Cumbrian Taw-Tourer from Workington - Barrow - Crewe.
- 2001 A ceremony was held to commission the Bundy Clock outside Kidderminster Station. The event was filmed by Central Television.
- 2004 Railcar50 saw a 9-car formation in operation, at that time the longest DMUDiesel Multiple Unit working in preservation.
- 2006 D444 Exeter was re-dedicated to HMS Exeter in a naming ceremony at Kidderminster.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history