From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1860 A Special General Meeting of the Severn Valley Railway Company approved the 999 year lease of the line to the West Midland Railway.
- 1969 LMR 600 Gordon worked the final train on the Longmoor Military Railway before closure, from Oakhanger to Longmoor.
- 1971 Work began on installing a rail-level water column on Platform 1 at Bridgnorth. It was replaced some years later by the present platform-level column.
- 1992 The LNER (SVR) Coach Fund staged a sponsored walk from Kidderminster to Bewdley via the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal and the River Severn.
- 1996 GWR 60562 Ballast Wagon arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from the Avon Valley Railway at Bitton, near Bristol.
- 1998 The SVRSevern Valley Railway was visited by a Great Western HST which worked a Cheshire Railtours trip from Exeter to Bridgnorth.
- 2017 The 2016 share offer closed with the target of £2.5m achieved
- 1998 45110 and 48773 took the Stannary Staniers railtour from Ealing Broadway-Penzance.
Photos taken on 31 October:
2009: MW 2047 "Warwickshire" on static display at Kidderminster
2009: 7812 Erlestoke Manor at Highley
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Nabarro (1971) p.42.
- The Railway Magazine, October 2019. pp. 40-46
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 22
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 105
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 128