From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1860 The Severn Valley Railway Leasing Act came into force. As a result the railway would be leased to the West Midland Railway from opening, instead of the OWW.
- 1864 Passenger services on GWRGreat Western Railway's Wellington to Craven Arms Branch commenced, which crossed the Severn Valley Branch at Buildwas and used the Albert Edward Bridge.
- 1980 Ruston and Hornsby 165hp Diesel Electric Shunter D2961 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1982 P. Way staff lifted the track south of Bridgnorth station as work began on installing Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge.
- 1997 Class 50 50031 Hood made a main line debut in preservation, hauling the 'Pilgrim Hoover' from Birmingham International to Plymouth.
- 1999 The target of raising £586,000 for Kidderminster Carriage Shed was achieved. The other £1.757m was funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- 2016 The SVRSevern Valley Railway launched a share offer, seeking to raise up to £2.5m towards the redevelopment of Bridgnorth station.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Nabarro (1971) p. 42.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 66