From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1972 The 'Nabarro era' led to the Severn Valley Railway Company AGM being a 'noisy and controversial' affair.
- 1974 The ex-Yorton signal box was moved by rail from Eardington to Arley.
- 1976 Filming of 'Candleshoe' with David Niven took place at Waterworks Crossing.
- 1979 Hampton Loade Station was visited by the then Minister of Transport, Norman Fowler, and his family.
- 2002 LMS Stanier 8F 48773 was the centrepiece of a dedication ceremony establishing a roll of honour for the Royal Engineers Transportation units.
- 2016 The SVRSevern Valley Railway-featured episode 'A Touch of Class' was first broadcast, in the BBC series 'Railways: The Making of a Nation'.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 26
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 34
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 42
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 140/142
- Express Points Web Round UpIn reference to the direction of travel means towards the major terminus (i.e. towards Kidderminster on the present day SVR), October 2016
- BBC programme guide