From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1872 The GWRGreat Western Railway Board approved the provision of a single needle telegraph instrument at Eardington, presumably to control traffic in the loop siding.
- 1894 The GWRGreat Western Railway proposed to make Coalport a crossing station with a second platform and additional sidings.
- 1973 The first stage of the Light Railway Order for the southern end of the line came into effect granting BRBritish Rail or British Railways the power (to be transferred to the SVRSevern Valley Railway) to operate as a Light Railway from the existing boundary at Alveley to Foley Park and Burlish Park.
- 1983 The 'Red Ruston' became the first locomotive to cross the newly built Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge. Passenger services resumed the following weekend.
- 1984 Arley Station Master Barrie Geens was presented with the 1983 ARPS Best Restored Station Award by the Chairman of BRBritish Rail or British Railways.
- 2018 replacement water cranes were installed at Kidderminster.
Photos taken on 28 February:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history