From SVR Wiki
On February 17 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1973 An EGM of the Severn Valley Railway Association approved a formal Constitution and became a legally constituted body.
- 1980 The new platform two starting signal at Bridgnorth was erected with the aid of the 30-ton steam crane.
- 1990 Following a one-year overhaul, John Cameron's A4 60009 Union of South Africa ran three return test trips on both days of the weekend. These were opened to the public at the last minute and were well filled.
- 1997 LMS 46521 was named 'Blossom' by Stephen Lewis, one of the stars of 'Oh, Doctor Beeching!', in a ceremony at Kidderminster.
- 2009 Paralympians Sascha Kindred and Mickey Bushell unveiled the railway’s fourth passenger coach for disabled visitors at Kidderminster after £36,000 of work
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 27
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 55
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 95
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 122
- Express and Star, 17 February 2009 (Retrieved 17 February 2009)