From SVR Wiki
On February 16 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1865 The GWRGreat Western Railway Traffic Committee sanctioned expenditure of £50 to relocate a spare crane from Stourport to Bridgnorth where it was 'much required'.
- 1971 The SVRSevern Valley Railway formally agreed to buy the southern section of the line between Alveley Sidings and Foley Park for £74,000, subject to contract. This confirmed the provisional agreement reached with BRBritish Rail or British Railways in August 1970.
- 1974 The two water tanks at Bewdley were lifted into place.
- 1990 Central TV's Midland News included an interview with John Cameron and film of newly restored 60009 Union of South Africa (running as Osprey) emerging from Bewdley Tunnel.
- 2002 The SVRSevern Valley Railway experimented with a '1960s transport day' featuring visiting road transport from that era.
- 2019 BR Riddles 4MT 75069 returned to traffic after an overhaul costing more than £900,000 and involving more than 25,000 man hours of effort. The locomotive had last steamed in 1994.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 105.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 19
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 31
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 96
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 139