The Wagon Department, based in Bewdley Goods Shed and using GWR 80982 Signal Department Van as a mess room, is an independent part of Bewdley Carriage & Wagon Department, and restores and maintains wagons for use in the Demonstration Goods Train. It was first 'hived off' as a separate department in early 1982.
As of June 2019[update], the current projects are Regent Oil & Texaco 345 Aviation Fuel Tank Wagon, GWR 101961 Mink 'A' Covered Goods Van, GWR 98480 5 plank Open Goods Wagon and GWR 105873 'Mica B' Refrigerated Meat Van.
The most recently restored vehicles are:
- GWR 58725 Improvised Gunpowder Van and GWR 65620 'Vanfit' Covered Goods Van, completed just in time for the 2015 Autumn Steam Gala
- GWR 102691 5 plank Open Goods Wagon, completed in early 2016
- GWR 13154 5 plank Open Goods Wagon completed in August 2016.
- WD 55577 Brake Van completed in September 2017.
- GWR 39860 'Conflat' Container Wagon completed in July 2018.
- GWR 143 Tool & Packing Van completed in July 2018.
- LMS 730866 Goods Brake Van completed in September 2018.
- GWR 2303 Fruit Van completed in February 2019.
- SE&CR Open Goods Wagon 12522 completed in March 2019
Wagon Review Group
In 2015 a Wagon Review Group was created to improve the storage and restoration facilities for the goods wagons.
- SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society News 64