From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1896 Kidderminster Fireman, Arthur Saunders, was reprted for "Not properly cleaning engine, having previously been cautioned for similar offence" and fined 2/-.
- 1944 Overseas Ambulance Train 34 left Southampton by sea for service in Europe. It contained Pharmacy Car 3406 (GWR 5804 Brake Third), now resident on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1968 3205 and three coaches, including GWR 6562 Brake Composite, took the Inspector appointed by the Minister of Transport to hold the Public Inquiry into the granting of the Light Railway Order to inspect the line from Bridgnorth to Bewdley.
- 1970 GWR 9084 First Sleeper arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from London's Old Oak Common.
- 1993 D821 Greyhound visited the East Lancashire Railway. It stayed until 1994.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- ↑ GWRGreat Western Railway Staffing Records held by National Archives, via Ancestry UK
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 116
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Third Edition 1971-72
- ↑ Diesel Traction Group website (Retrieved 26 October 2018)