From SVR Wiki
On May 29 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1878 Following a final inspection, Col. Rich of the Board of Trade gave permission for the Kidderminster Loop Line to open.
- 1915 GWRGreat Western Railway carried out maintenace work and other repairs on the Underbridge on Station Road, Highley. A small stone insert carrying the repair date, 29 May 1915 is inset into the cap on the eastern abutment.
- 1963 BRBritish Rail or British Railways RiddlesRobert Arthur "Robin" Riddles, Member of the Railway Executive for Mechanical and Electrical Engineering responsible for the design of the British Rail Standard Class locomotives 4MTThe British Railways system of classifying steam locomotives by power using a number from 0, least powerful, to 9, most powerful, followed by either F for freight, P for Passenger or MT for Mixed Traffic. No. 80070 was photographed on the daily Shrewsbury to Kidderminster pick-up freight at Northwood.
- 1966 The first Bridgnorth Station ‘open weekend’ saw an exhibition of railway relics in connection with Bridgnorth Arts Festival. This event included a steam roller operating in the road outside the station.
- 1980 The concrete foundation block for Highley water tower was cast.
- 1983 08471 was placed into store at Leicester, her last mainline service.
- 1997 The first steaming in preservation of GWR Pannier 1501.
- 2005 50049 Defiance and 50031 Hood hauled 'The Pixies Revenge' railtour from Banbury to Penzance.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 84.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 200, "The Hidden History of the SVRSevern Valley Railway (Steve Downs)
- Bewdley Station waiting room
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 11 article 'Open Weekends'
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 61
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 123