From SVR Wiki
On May 27 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1895 The GWRGreat Western Railway agreed to build sidings for Kinlet Colliery at their expense.
- 1903 The GWRGreat Western Railway approved the addition of an extra bedroom at the stationmaster's house at Coalport.
- 1925 Foley Park sidings came into use.
- 1974 German 064 Class 2-6-2T No. 064.305 was purchased.
- 1983 BR Class 08 D3022 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2000 45110 commenced the 'Laird of Stranraer' railtour, her last mainline duty. At Carnforth she swapped tenders with 48151, and subsequently failed with leaking tubes.
Photos taken on 27 May:
2017: D9551 at Bridgnorth
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history