From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1970 A Light Railway Order was granted, allowing the SVRSevern Valley Railway to begin running public services.
- 1974 GWR 2857 Heavy Goods Loco was purchased from Barry Scrapyard by The 2857 Society.
- 1978 BR Standard Class 7 70000 was renamed Britannia by R A RiddlesRobert Arthur "Robin" Riddles, Member of the Railway Executive for Mechanical and Electrical Engineering responsible for the design of the British Rail Standard Class locomotives.
- 1980 BR Riddles 4MT 80079 moved to Bold Colliery from Northwich for Rocket 150 at Rainhill.
- 1988 7819 Hinton Manor worked a special main line train to mark the re-opening of Great Malvern Station.
- 1999 The cosmetic restoration of 4930 Hagley Hall was completed, in preparation for a move to the Designer Outlet Village at Swindon.
- 2016 GBRf Class 66 no 66763 was named "Severn Valley Railway" while visiting the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2016 The Chairman of Network Rail formally opened Kidderminster Diesel Depot.
Photos taken on 20 May:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 172.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 42
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 47/48
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 88
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 130