From SVR Wiki
On March 28 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1963 Future resident 46443 was photographed by PJ Shoesmith at Kings Norton on a Redditch to Birmingham New Street local service. The picture was used in SVRSevern Valley Railway News 40 and is on the information board next to 46443 in The Engine House.
- 1974 The Light Railway Transfer Orders were granted, under which SVR(H) became responsible for the operating the existing northern and future southern sections of the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1985 The first train operated on the new Paddock Garden Railway.
- 1985 GWRGreat Western Railway 5 plank Open Goods Wagons 13154 and 102691 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from the Bristol Harbour Railway.
- 1998 Two days of work began to dismantle the Bristol Bath Road Turntable prior to its being moved to the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2007 7802 Bradley Manor was the last SVRSevern Valley Railway-based steam locomotive to haul a main line rail tour.
- 2018 BR 4593 Tourist Standard Open was moved to Bewdley to be used as a seating area for the buffet.
- 2019 The chassis of 2047 Warwickshire was moved by 33108 from Bridgnorth Loco Works to Bewdley Down Yard for restoration to continue there.
Photo taken on 28 March:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 40
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 31
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 129
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 157