From SVR Wiki
On March 21 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1961 A meeting of the TUCCTransport Users Consultative Committee took place at Tenbury to hear opinions on the proposed closure of the Bewdley to Woofferton line.
- 1978 Filming of a scene for The Thirty Nine Steps took place on Victoria Bridge. Midland Railway 644 (46443) was filmed making an emergency stop on the bridge.
- 1997 TPO W80300 was presented to the SVRSevern Valley Railway on indefinite loan.
- 1998 GWR Mogul 7325 took the Chester Chuffer from Bescot-Chester and return.
- 2008 The SVRSevern Valley Railway fully reopened for passenger services, nine months after closure of most of the line due to the 2007 storm damage. The Engine House opened the same day.
Photos taken on 21 March:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history