From SVR Wiki
On August 14 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1976 The concrete base for Bridgnorth Loco Works was poured.
- 1995 The pilot episode of BBC TV sitcom Oh Doctor Beeching! was first broadcast. The series was filmed at Arley.
- 2001 SVR(H) purchased the old Highley Colliery sidings and landsale yard at auction at a cost of £35,000. The land became the site for The Engine House.
- 2010 The railway pulled in more than 30 prospective new guards from a special recruiting day.
Photos taken on 14 August:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 41
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 137
- 'Severn Valley Railway in recruitment boost', Shropshire Star, 18 August 2010