From SVR Wiki
On April 8 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1895 The GWRGreat Western Railway authorised construction of an additional siding at Ironbridge.
- 1970 Following a meeting the previous day, the SVRSevern Valley Railway sent BRBritish Rail or British Railways a letter of intent to buy the southern section of the line between Alveley Sidings and Foley Park.
- 1978 Raveningham Hall became the first SVRSevern Valley Railway-based locomotive to haul a main line tour.
- 1985 4930 Hagley Hall and 7819 Hinton Manor produced a storming run over the Devon banks from Plymouth. The former had worked light engine to Plymouth overnight.
- 1995: GWR 80969 Inspection Saloon was used in a charter for the first time since restoration.
- 2019: Hugh McQuade stepped down as Chairman of the Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd.
Photos taken on 8 April:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 110.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 17
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 48
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 76
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 114