On August 31 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1965 The Severn Valley Railway Society held a public meeting in Bridgnorth, generating publicity and support.
- 1968 A three day gala began at Bridgnorth, with trains running to Hampton Loade using 46443 and 43106. Travel required a 'day membership', as the SVRSevern Valley Railway had not been granted an LROLight Railway Order at that stage.
- 1971 Esso Oil Tank Wagon 2686 was delivered to Bewdley from Esso's Chesterfield Works
- 1973 The Stanier Mogul Fund handed over a cheque for £3,575 to acquire 42968 from Barry Scrapyard.
- 1996 StanierWilliam Stanier, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway 1932-1944 MogulLocomotive with a 2-6-0 wheel configuration 42968 returned to the main line for the first time in thirty years, performing a test run from Kidderminster to Gloucester and return.
- 2008 45110 was withdrawn from SVRSevern Valley Railway service, for eventual overhaul
- 2008 GWR 93045 Mink 'A' Covered Goods Van arrived from the National Waterways Museum
- 2013 A recommissioning ceremony was held at Kidderminster for SR 34053 Sir Keith Park
- 2019 Mark Saville's 1957 Series 1 Land Rover "Plimsoll" made a return trip between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster during the Classic Vehicle Day
Photos taken on 31 August:
1963: Linley, northbound IvattHenry George Ivatt, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway 1946-1948. CME of BR (London Midland Region) 1948-1951 2MTThe British Railways system of classifying steam locomotives by power using a number from 0, least powerful, to 9, most powerful, followed by either F for freight, P for Passenger or MT for Mixed Traffic. 41202 with a passenger service (Sellick Collection)
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history