Talk:GWR 103592 Mink 'A' Covered Goods Van
Atkins et al states that 103592 was part of Lot 901 which was the second Lot in V14 to have the 12 ton capacity rather than 10 ton. The Wagon Survey and GWR813.org both say 10 ton. I have gone with the information from Atkins, but any confirmation would be welcome. --Robin (talk) 16:02, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
Featured article queries
I thought I'd do this wagon as this week's featured article, as Graham had uploaded a new picture. However it raised several questions.
- The main wagon page and article both have the status as 'under repair'. Is it still?
- What was the reason for the shunt which brought it out into the open in March?
- It used to sit just in front of 4150, but I think the 4150 Fund and the EMF use other wagons as their stores. As the 1501 group were reported in SVRSevern Valley Railway news to be doing the overhaul, I therefore assume they are the ones who use it as a store. Can anyone confirm? (In passing, it appears never to have been attended to by the Wagon Group as far as I can see – Steve Peplow's wagon notes only referred to it in the context of the container replacement rather than as an overhaul in its own right).
- The several reasons for the Bewdley Down Yard shunt in March will be in an article from Clive Thompson in this week's (April 2021) Express Points - none of which relate to the MinkGWR telegraphic code signifying a covered goods van!--Patrick Hearn (talk) 17:05, 5 April 2021 (UTC)
- The repairs appear to have stalled at the stage of getting it watertight and secure. The roof and woodwork all look good, but as the photo shows, the brake gear is incomplete. I don't know who is using it as a store, but it was put back in more or less the same place after being shunted out with several other wagons to allow 2047 to be swapped for 4150. --Graham Phillips 110 (talk) 19:29, 5 April 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks both. I was assuming/hoping it was 4150 being shunted which caused other stuff to be moved including 103592, but didn't have the sense to look on the 4150 Fund site for news. Their March update left 4150 tantalisingly at Bewdley awaiting the final move to Bridgnorth - hopefully it is imminent if not already taken place. Look forward to reading Express Points in due course. --Robin (talk) 10:26, 6 April 2021 (UTC)