From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1892 Additional sidings at Bridgnorth were approved for use by Major Marindin of the Board of Trade.
- 1965 Four members of the Severn Valley Railway Society, led by John Garth, met with BRBritish Rail or British Railways to discuss its tender offer for the line from Bridgnorth to milepost 144½.
- 1998 Briefly repainted into Manchester Ship Canal black livery to celebrate her centenary, HE 686 appeared at an Enthusiasts event on the East Lancashire Railway.
- 2012 A race from Bridgnorth to Kidderminster was staged between SR 34053 Sir Keith Park and a Morgan 3-wheeler car to raise money for the BBC’s Children In Need. The car won by 5 minutes, with over £5,000 raised for the charity.
- 2018 The Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd submitted its bid to the HLFHeritage Lottery Fund (National Lottery Heritage Fund from 2019) for funds to repair Falling Sands Viaduct.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p.105.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 191
- Magner (1997) pp. 43-46
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 126