From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1878 The Divisional Engineer, Wolverhampton reported that a portion of the newly constructed arch of Bewdley Tunnel was giving way. The tunnel continued to deteriorate until being fully relined in 1910.
- 1889 The GWRGreat Western Railway bought the rights to clay and minerals under the railway at Jackfield, to prevent their extraction damaging the railway.
- 1982 LMS 5000 took the Welsh Marches Pullman between Hereford and Newport.
- 1989 7819 Hinton Manor was used in filming an item for the BBC/Open University production "Entrepreneurs".
- 1993 A replacement bus service ran between Bridgnorth and Hampton Loade after repairs to Cleobury Road Bridge overran.
- 2006 BRBritish Rail or British Railways GUVs 94157 and 94200 arrived at the SVRSevern Valley Railway from EWSEnglish, Welsh & Scottish Railway, a rail freight company Railways at Old Oak Common.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 109, "Relining of Bewdley Tunnel, 1910" (John Marshall)
- ↑ Marshall (1989) p. 108.
- ↑ Six Bells Junction
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 92
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 106