From SVR Wiki
On June 7 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1953 The 1937-built Kidderminster Junction Signal Box was demolished in a shunting accident. A replacement box opened later in 1953.
- 1981 BR Class 14 D9551 first entered service in preservation, at the West Somerset Railway
- 1995 Presenter Diane Louise Jordan filmed an item for the BBC TV childrens' programme Blue Peter. LMR 600 Gordon also featured.
- 2003 Shire horse 'Gilbert' gave a demonstration of wagon shunting at Highley as part of the Heavy Horse Power weekend. The method was used in the top yard at Highley Colliery which never had a steam locomotive of its own.
- 2006 The Northern Belle visited the SVRSevern Valley Railway on a tour from York. 60009 Union of South Africa which was based at the SVRSevern Valley Railway at the time provided the motive power between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth.
- 2007 GWR 4930 Hagley Hall left the Designer Shopping Complex (sited on the former GWRGreat Western Railway Swindon Works) following display, to return to the SVRSevern Valley Railway via Hagley Hall.
Photos taken on 7 June:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Barfield (1994) p. 78.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 117
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 144
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 154