From SVR Wiki
On June 5 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1878 The GWRGreat Western Railway board was informed that a pit was to be sunk at Billingsley Colliery, with a proposed connection to the Railway near Borle Viaduct.
- 1958 The additional buffer beam weight on 9303 was removed and the locomotive was renumbered 7325.
- 1982 4930 and D1013 worked the north and southbound legs respectively of a 'Merrymaker' train from Tonbridge between Bewdley and Bridgnorth. 20167 and 20165 brought the train to and from the SVRSevern Valley Railway over the main line.
- 1983 Tyseley Railway Museum's Industrial Steam Day saw their own Peckett out of action. In an unusual role reversal, 686 The Lady Armaghdale hauled passenger services all day while 7029 Clun Castle acted as Depot shunter.
- 1999 The Warwickshire Industrial Locomotive Preservation Group staged a Members' Day, with 686 The Lady Armaghdale giving brake van rides at Highley.
Photos taken on 5 June:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history