From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1858 An extension bill was passed by Parliament, giving a deadline for completion of the Severn Valley Railway of 23 July 1861.
- 1962 Passenger services ended on the Much Wenlock to Wellington line which crossed the Severn Valley branch at Buildwas.
- 1984 Three London Transport ‘Herring’ Ballast Hopper Wagons, Texaco tank wagons 345 and 431, and BR 3103 First Open all arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1993 350hp diesel electric shunting locomotive 08845 was converted and renumbered 09107.
- 1994 Hugh McQuade resigned as a director of Severn Valley Railway Company Limited.
- 2019 Repairs to the track were completed following damage caused the previous day's fallen tree.
Photos taken on 23 July:
2019: BR Class 37 37688 Great Rocks in use at Highley
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history