From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1860 Chief Engineer Sir John Fowler reported that the contractors were in possession of 34½ miles of land and that between Hartlebury and Bridgnorth over 9 miles of formation was ready for the permanent way.
- 1970 The rails on Hay Bridge were removed as work began to replace rotten bridge girders.
- 1971 GWR 141 Breakdown Tool Van arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Newton Abbot.
- 1972 Two days of filming for a Walls Ice Cream commercial began at Bridgnorth. 3205 with four GWRGreat Western Railway coaches and 46443 with four LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway coaches were featured while 686 The Lady Armaghdale was used for shunting.
- 1975 a party from the SVRSevern Valley Railway visited Stolberg, West Germany, to inspect DRG 64 305 which had been purchased the previous year and awaited transport to the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 16
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 24
- Williams (1974) p. 15.