David C. Williams joined the Severn Valley Railway Society in 1966, seven months after its foundation.
As a volunteer he was a locomotive fireman for five years and a driver for nine. He soon became the Editor of SVR News from Issue 3 in July 1966, a role he held for more than 57 years until 2023. He has authored or co-authored SVR publications Severn Valley Railway Journey, The Severn Valley Railway Guide and Severn Valley Railway Stock Books. He has also authored articles from time-to-time in the railway press. Several books of his photographs of the SVRSevern Valley Railway have been published and he is also one of the members of the Master Neverers Association.
He has held a number of Officer roles on the SVRSevern Valley Railway:
- He was a member of the Committee of the Society from 1967 to 1970
- He became a director of the newly formed Severn Valley Railway Company Limited in 1972, and its Chairman 1979-2020 before becoming vice-Chairman 2020-2022.
- He was a director of SVR(H) 1977-2020.
- He is a SVRSevern Valley Railway(H) Vice-President.
- He was a Trustee of Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd until 2021.
David Williams, a former SVRSevern Valley Railway TTI and treasurer of the SVR Junior Club, passed away in March 1992.
LinksSVRG Board on SVRLive
- Heritage Railway issue 313, p.106.