From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1971 Sir Gerald Nabarro addressed the SVRSevern Valley Railway AGM, giving details of how he proposed to finance the purchase of the southern section of the line.
- 1978 Bridgnorth signal box reopened after being temporarily closed for almost a year to allow re-signalling and other alterations to be carried out.
- 1978 The extended move of D1013 Western Ranger and D1062 Western Courier to the SVRSevern Valley Railway continued as they were towed from Newton Abbot to Cardiff Canton with an overnight stop at Bristol Bath Road.
- 2011 ‘Blind Dave’ Heeley drove a steam train at Bewdley as part of BBC WM’s Red Alert Appeal for the charity Cure Leukaemia, the first of a series of fundraising challenges.
- 2012 The boiler of Hawthorn Leslie 2859 (Tanfield Railway No. 2) was delivered to Tanfield following contract overhaul at Bridgnorth Loco Works.
- 2018 BR Class 27 D5410 moved by rail from Tyseley to Leicester LIPLocomotive Inspection Point for further overhaul work.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 20
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 49
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 126
- Express Points web round up, September 2011
- Delivery of repaired boiler for Hawthorn Leslie 2859 (Tanfield Railway No. 2), YouTube 6 August 2012 (Retrieved 21 February 2013)
- Jonthan Dunster, via Facebook, 26 August 2018.