From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1898 George Thorpe, a licensee of The Railwayman's Arms, was born at Gedney, Lincolnshire to a travelling Gypsy family
- 1947 The first of two fatal accidents during the BR era occurred at the level crossing in Northwood Lane.
- 1999 A BRBritish Rail or British Railways Class 175 unit was tested on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2016 43106 returned to traffic after an intermediate overhaul
- 2016 7812 Erlestoke Manor reached 100,000 miles in preservation.
Photos taken on 26 August:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Smith (1968) p. 57.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 131