From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1879 During floods and storms, Bewdley church and goods station were struck by lightning and the "coils of the telegraph instruments at Bewdley were fused"
- 1974 Newly-restored Ivatt 2 46521 made her inaugural journey in SVRSevern Valley Railway preservation, hauling the 5.20 p.m. from Bridgnorth to Bewdley. The loco was resident on the SVRSevern Valley Railway between 1971 and 2001.
- 1991 50035 was the first Class 50 to be preserved, being acquired by The Fifty Fund (now Class 50 Alliance) and handed over by Network SouthEast at the Old Oak Common Open Day held on 17-18 August.
- 2016 24506 was successfully test run between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth behind 813 following its conversion from Gangwayed Full Brake/Pigeon Van 70759
- 2018 BR Class 09 09107 moved under its own power for the first time in preservation
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Globe Tuesday 19 August 1879 on the British Newspaper Archive
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 34
- BR Open Days (Retrieved 18 August 2019)