Current events on the Severn Valley Railway
This page provides a brief summary of current and forthcoming events on the SVRSevern Valley Railway, and links to where further information can be found. Historical information will be moved to the latest history timeline page as necessary.
Links to sources of information
(Links will open in a new window)
The SVR Main Web Site is primarily aimed at the travelling public. It includes all the latest news relevant to that sector, including details of forthcoming events, timetables, locomotive rosters, ticket sales and so on.
The SVR YouTube channel hosts live webcams and a regular production of wide range of videos from across the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
SVR Live is also an official SVRSevern Valley Railway web site, for members, shareholders and enthusiasts. Information which is publicly accessible for enthusiasts includes Traffic Notices, Working Timetables and so on. Certain pages from time to time are secured for password-protected use by Working Members for internal communication on AGMs and the like. Until 2018 it also carried news announcements concerning matters like locomotive overhauls and infrastructure upgrades, plus regular updates from various sources, including social media and SVRSevern Valley Railway-related websites.
'Express Points' is the Working Members’ monthly newsletter which moved to an online only delivery in January 2017. It is distributed by email to those who have registered, and it also publicly accessible on SVRSevern Valley Railway Live, which includes an archive of past editions.
'Branch Lines' is a monthly newsletter for SVRSevern Valley Railway Members, Shareholders and supporters. It is published on SVRSevern Valley Railway Live, which includes an archive since April 2017.
‘SVRSevern Valley Railway Online’ and 'Microsoft Teams' and its associated 'SVRSevern Valley Railway TODAY' channel are secure password-protected intranet sites used by the SVRSevern Valley Railway for internal communication with staff and Working Members.
Forthcoming special events
- 32636 Fenchurch [LBSCRLondon Brighton & South Coast Railway 72] : LBSCRLondon Brighton & South Coast Railway Stroudley A1 Terrier class 0-6-0T
- Lambton Collieries No 29: Kitson & Co 0-6-2T
- E.E.English Electric Class 37 Co-Cos 37263 (on an extended visit from Telford Steam RailwayTelford Horsehay Steam Trust Limited, a Charitable heritage railway located at Horsehay, Telford with proposals for running heritage trains into the Ironbridge Gorge and onto the former GWR Severn Valley branch.) and 37409 Loch Awe
- GE PowerHaul Class 70 Co-Co
- 15-16 June: Real Ale & Mixed Traction Festival
- 29-30 June and 6-7 July: Step Back to the 1940s
- 27-28 July: Kidderminster Station 40th Anniversary
- 10-11 August: Vintage Transport Extravaganza
- 19-22 September: Autumn Steam Gala
- 3-6 October: Autumn Diesel Bash
- 19-20 October: O Gauge Get Together
- 26, 30-31 October: Ghost Trains