- 1971 'Highflyer', the SVR's first diesel shunter, arrived on the SVR.
- 1974 The new girders for the Underbridge on Station Road, Highley were delivered.
- 1976 The rebuilt Arley signal box (ex-Yorton) was fully commissioned, coinciding with the SVR's first Spring Steam Gala.
- 1998 A press launch of newly converted Wheelchair Open Third 'Gresley Teak' 24105 was held at Bridgnorth; the event was filmed by the BBC.
- 1999 Bewdley platform clock was re-commissioned after a one-year restoration.
- SVR News 23, 133
- SVR News 32
- SVR News 40,41
- SVR News 126
- SVR News 130