Talk:J.P.Harvey's Corn Mill

From SVR Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Looking at the 1938 OSOrdnance Survey map, Harveys sidings on the left extended some way further south from the edge of the map, almost as far as the path leading to the wooden bridge. There is then a gap before the next sidings to the east which were coal sidings. Turley's "Kidderminster in the 1940s" states that in 1943 two more sidings were added in that gap, one next to the Harveys sidings (and possibly an extension to them?) and the other described as the "Summerfield Siding" which was enclosed by a security fence (the coal sidings were slightly realigned at the same time).[1] He doesn't say anything else about the Summerfield Siding, however there was a wartime munitions factory at Summerfield on the outskirts of Kidderminster which post-War became the Summerfield Rocket Research Station.[2] Speculation - was the 1943 Summerfield Siding a private siding associated with the munitions factory? Any thoughts or findings welcome.--Robin (talk) 21:31, 12 September 2020 (UTC)


  1. Turley (2005) pp. 15-16.
  2. [1]