James Malcolm Stewart ClarkT. F. Clark, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Metropolitan Railway was a former Chairman of the Severn Valley Railway Association, and a Director of SVR(H) and the Charitable Trust. He is still involved with The LNER Carriage Group.
Stewart ClarkT. F. Clark, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Metropolitan Railway was already a long-time member when he joined the SVRASevern Valley Railway Association Committee as representative of the SVRASevern Valley Railway Association South East Branch in 1987. Although a London resident at the time, he became involved with the Bridgnorth C&WCarriage & Wagon group; an article in SVRSevern Valley Railway News in 1994 on the restoration of Bar Car 1883 noted that Stewart "…travels 150 miles every visit to spend about a day and a half making the doors lock properly. By the time he finishes the last door, he will have clocked up 1800 miles travelling to do that task alone!"
Stewart became SVRASevern Valley Railway Association Vice-Chairman in 1989 under Chairman Alvin Barker and was the SVRASevern Valley Railway Association representative on the SVRSevern Valley Railway(H) Board of Directors between 1995 and 1998. He was also involved with The LNER (SVR) Coach Fund, of which he became Honorary Secretary. He became SVRSevern Valley Railway Chairman in 2000, and in 2002 was succeeded as SVRASevern Valley Railway Association Chairman by Gordon Foster.
When the SVR Rolling Stock Trust was formed at the end of 2001, Stewart became a Trustee, representing the interests of the SVRSevern Valley Railway’s carriage groups, and also contributing to the development of education and training policy. He was present at the ceremony at Kidderminster on 17 April 2004 at which 7819 Hinton Manor was formally handed into the custody of the Trust. At the time he was still actively involved in carriage restoration.Stuart ceased to be a Director and Trustee in the Charitable Trust in 2016. As of 2019[update] he is still a member of The LNER Carriage Group.
SVRSevern Valley Railway Officerships
- Chairman of the Severn Valley Railway Association 2000-2002, preceded by Alvin Barker, succeeded by Gordon Foster
- Director of SVR(H) 1995-1998
- Director and Trustee of the Charitable Trust 2001-2005, 2006-2016
- SVRA Chairmen
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 85, 86
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 111
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 94
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 115, 127
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 138
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 133
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 141
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 147
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 150, 152 etc.
- LNERCF & LNERCG NEWSLETTER No.76, 2019
- Companies House
- Companies House