Changes

Jump to: navigation, search

GWR 542 Horse Box (body only)

206 bytes added, 21 June
add picture
|years3 =
|events3 =
}}'''GWR 4-wheeled horse box 542 ''' was built at Swindon in 1888 to Coach Diagram N4, Lot 437. It was condemned August 1930 and the body subsequently grounded on [[Highley]] platform.<ref>Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey</ref> It was still in situ when the line was bought by SVR in 1970. Since then it It has remained in place, since and is now used as a bookshop by the [[Highley#Highley_Station_Fund|Highley Station Fund]]. {{As of| In 2020}} the Presentation Committee is was exploring options for saving and possibly restoring it<ref>SVR News 211</ref>. Some preservation work has since been carried out as seen in the picture below.<gallery mode=packed heights=200px style="text-align:left">File:GW 542 20210604.jpg|Restoration in progress, June 2021 </gallery>
==See also==
Trustworthy, administrator
10,451
edits

Navigation menu