[[File:064_305_BH_Yard_2.jpg|thumb|300px|right|64 305 in Bridgnorth Yard in 1975]]
DRG 64 305 was briefly resident on the SVR between 1975 and 1977.
This locomotive was built by the German firm of Krupp in 1934 for the German state railway Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG). The DRG Class 64 was a standard passenger train tank engine with a wheel arrangement of 1'C1' ([[UIC classification]]) or 2-6-2 ([[Whyte notation]]).
Number 305 was purchased for use on the SVR by the ‘German 064 Klasse Fund’ in September 1974, and moved from Weiden depot near the Czech border to Stolberg. In June 1975 a move to Zeebrugge took place, with the locomotive being shipped by sea to Harwich. The locomotive finally arrived at the SVR several weeks later on 16 July 1975, after a delay in finding a suitable road route for the final part of the journey.
The locomotive was steamed later in 1975, and recorded 5 miles of travel. This is believed to have been a return trip from [[Bridgnorth]] to [[Eardington]], of which three photographs are shown below.
soon transpired that the measurements of the locomotive that had been provided prior to purchase were incorrect, and also that the Severn Valley Railway had not been built to standard GWR gauge as had been assumed . Significant modifications to the locomotive’s profile and to platform clearances would have been required before it could enter service, so in 1977 the locomotive found a new home on the Nene Valley Railway which had been modified to cope with locomotives built to continental loading gauge .
All photos by David Cooke.
=== Eardington Test Run ===
Three photos of 64 305 on a test run back from Eardington, its only known movement outside of Bridgnorth.
SVR News< br> Severn Valley Railway Stock Book, seventh edition.