SR 56291 Bogie Brake Van
|SRSouthern Railway 56291 Bogie Brake Van|
SRSouthern Railway Brake Van 56291 (Jan 2016)
|Built By||SRSouthern Railway Lancing/Ashford|
|Other Numbers||KDS 56291|
|Telegraphic code||‘Queen Mary’|
|1985||Appeared on the main line|
Service and Preservation
56291 was built by the SRSouthern Railway at Lancing/Ashford in 1936 to Diagram 1550, Lot 867. Post-nationalisation it was used in BRBritish Rail or British Railways’s Southern and Western regions, ending service in BRBritish Rail or British Railways’s S&TSignals & Telegraph Department works trains, for which it was renumbered KDS 56291.
56291 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society on 27 November 1993 from London’s Old Oak Common. It is privately owned by J.J. Smith and is stored at the Stourport Triangle awaiting restoration.
- SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society Stock Book Ninth Edition
- Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey