Pull Push Limited
Pull Push Limited is a private limited company number 04337924 incorporated on 11 December 2001 for the "Repair and maintenance of other transport equipment not elsewhere classified". The sole director and minority shareholder is Mike Little (b. 1936). Following the death of Thomas Jones in 2019, Mrs Thelma Patricia Jones (b. 1939 and at the time shown as based in Florida, USA) is the majority shareholder. Both Mrs. Jones and Mr. Little are also substantial (over £1m) long-term creditors in the business, which has in its accounts net liabilities in excess of £780,000.
It is reported to own the below.
- Resident autotrailers 178 and 238.
- Former resident GWR 1450
- Ex-GWRGreat Western Railway 'Small PrairieLocomotive with a 2-6-2 wheel configuration' 5538. Although never having been on SVRSevern Valley Railway metals during preservation, it is of historical interest as it was allocated to Kidderminster Shed around 1943 and to Shrewsbury in 1961. It was photographed working on the Severn Valley line in 1957.
- 5538 was donated to the town of BarryWoodham Brothers Scrapyard, Barry, South Wales. The source of many locomotives now in preservation. by Dai Woodham of Woodham Brothers Ltd. It left the scrapyard in 1987, spending 10 years on a plinth on the seafront. It was then relocated to the Vale of Glamorgan Railway in 1997 where it spent some years in storage, effectively as the eleventh member of the "BarryWoodham Brothers Scrapyard, Barry, South Wales. The source of many locomotives now in preservation. 10". It was then acquired for restoration by the Llangollen Railway Great Western Locomotive Group. It had a cracked cylinder and other problems, as a result of which an exchange of frames was agreed with the owners of sister locomotive 5532 which had left BarryWoodham Brothers Scrapyard, Barry, South Wales. The source of many locomotives now in preservation. in April 1981, having been purchased for the DeanWilliam Dean, Chief Locomotive Engineer of the Great Western Railway 1877-1902 Forest Railway. 5538 moved to the DFR in July 2006 where despite its problems it was still seen as a candidate for long term restoration, and to the Flour Mill workshops circa 2010. The Flour Mill's website says they have installed new cylinders at the front end and replaced the frames at the back end. They were preparing the horns and axleboxes so that the chassis can be re-wheeled. Work has been largely completed on the frames, and the boiler is receiving a new front barrel section, tubeplate and smokebox.
- Work is suspended on 5538 while 1450 is overhauled.
Ex-GWRGreat Western Railway 'Small PrairieLocomotive with a 2-6-2 wheel configuration' 5538 calls at Bridgnorth on 23 April 1957 (Sellick Collection)
- Felstead, K., 'Track Record', The Railway Magazine, January 2021
- Beddoes & Smith (1995) p. 136.
- 5538 on BR database website (Retrieved 27 October 2021)
- Peter Brabham photo
- The Flour Mill website (Retrieved 27 October 2021)