From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1890 The GWRGreat Western Railway authorised the provision of a footbridge at Stourport at a cost of £600.
- 1895 The new siding connection at Highley was approved for use by the Board of Trade Inspector.
- 1915 The GWRGreat Western Railway agreed with the Highley Mining Company that minerals would not be extracted in the vicinity of Highley Station and Borle Viaduct to prevent damage to the railway.
- 1963 Future resident 5164 was sold to Barry Scrapyard by BRBritish Rail or British Railways.
- 2003 BR Class 08 D3586 hauled a revenue-earning freight service, delivering new roof trusses to Orchard Farm, Northwood. They were too large to travel by road.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 90.
- Marshall (1989) p. 97.
- Marshall (1989) p. 99.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 20, 24
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 145