From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1863 The second of the two parts of Excursions by Railway covering the new Severn Valley line was published in the Worcester Journal.
- 1895 The GWRGreat Western Railway granted permission for Bridgnorth Corporation to build and maintain a footbridge linking the station to New Road.
- 1972 GWR van 80982, GWR Open Wagon 14428, GWR 9 Riding/Dormitory Van and LMS Brake 2886 all arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1988 4566 and LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway Jinty 7298 worked a number of special passenger services on the 2 mile branch line at Lever Bros Port Sunlight works on the Wirral.
- 2016 50035 Ark Royal appeared at Bristol St Phillips Marsh for display at the GWRGreat Western Railway open day|.
Photos taken on 2 May:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 105.
- Severn Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 88
- Express Points Web Round UpIn reference to the direction of travel means towards the major terminus (i.e. towards Kidderminster on the present day SVR) May 2016