General Refractories is listed in the RCHRailway Clearing House 1938 Handbook of Stations as having a business at Kidderminster accessed via (or sharing) the Guiseley Silica private siding. The exact location of the siding is not given.[note 1]
General Refractories acquired the Aggborough Moulding Sand and Gravel Quarries from John Williams (Birmingham Sand) in 1929
General Refractories manufactured and supplied "Heat Resisting and Heat Insulating Materials of Every Description" including moulding and silica sands.
- The Handbook reports where sidings were beyond Kidderminster Junction, such as H. Whitehouse's Sand Siding, suggesting that Guiseley's siding was within the confines of the station and goods yard.
- Nottingham Journal - Saturday 07 December 1929 on the British Newspaper Archive
- General Refractories on Grace's Guide
Railway Clearing House Handbook of Stations including Junctions, sidings, Collieries, Works &C. 1938