From SVR Wiki
On February 24 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1877 A gunpowder explosion on the construction of the Kidderminster Loop Line resulted in serious injury to two workmen.
- 1973 A revised contract was drawn up between SVR(H), the Guarantee Company and the SVRA, including the Board representation which each party would have.
- 1973 The SVRSevern Valley Railway's Civil Engineer was instructed to begin preparation of a Planning Application for Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge.
- 1986 Albert Edward Bridge was granted Grade II Listed Building status.
- 1989 John Cameron's A4 60009 Union of South Africa arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway for a one-year major overhaul.
- 1990 LNER 3442 The Great Marquess arrived at Marylebone in the early hours of the morning for a railtour to Sheffield. A number of SVRSevern Valley Railway London branch members helped with bagging and loading coal ready for the turnaround.
- 1996 7802 Bradley Manor took a railtour from Plymouth-Newton Abbot, with 5029 Nunney Castle.
- 2001 The underframe for Barry Railway Carriage 163 was lifted into place at Hampton Loade using 30 ton steam crane 1091/30.
- 2018 A Facebook advertisement for the Mother's Day 'Afternoon Tea Special' invited the public to buy 'git vouchers' [sic]
Photos taken on 24 February:
2018: Class 08 shunter D3586 at Bridgnorth
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Worcester Journal - Saturday 24 February 1877, on the British Newspaper Archive
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 27
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 92
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 96
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 119
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 136